Monday 2 January 2012

Button Tree

Due to financial restraints and some crafting mental illness I have, I decided to make (nearly) everyone's presents for Christmas.

Not that I think any of my family reads my blog, but just in case, I didn't post the things that I gave them. 
So now that the gifts are given and the stress is over, I can share some of what I made with you. 

Starting with this button tree. For mum. (I wrote all the kids names on certain of the buttons... you can kind of see it in the photos)

Corrugated cardboard is awesome. We bought some furniture from Ikea and so I have a seemingly endless source of the stuff so I have made books out of it, boxes and now art. 

I used a craft knife to cut out the design of the tree and then peeled off the top layer of paper to reveal all the corrugated guts. Then I stuck on buttons. 

Easy.



3 comments:

  1. Cool idea and way to make use of the stuff around your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! Can I borrow your crafty brain sometime, I think you have enough talent to let me borrow for a day a month or something like that. Yes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardboard -it all really works! I'm sure your Mum loved it.

    ReplyDelete